Year of the Fire Rooster
Click to view this email in a browser: http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/672296/0f6f9ec609/288055965/ac7221bc2f/
Happy New Year
Happy Year of the Fire Rooster
from Cynthia Brian
Having grown up on a farm raising chickens and selling the eggs to finance my university education, I have great respect and admiration for the good-looking, courageous roosters and their loyal, family oriented girls. I know 2017 is going to be a terrific year for all of us as we work together to build a better world through bravery, passion, and boldness. At Be the Star You Are!®, we strive to be role models of encouragement, energy, and enthusiasm for living. You, too, can be an example of excellence with a little help from Karen Kitchel’s article below.
We invite you to collaborate with us this year. If you are hosting an event and seeking a charity to be the beneficiary offering extensive media and social media publicity, consider Be the Star You Are!® as your candidate. If you would like to sponsor an outreach program, we welcome your involvement. Donations are always appreciated and can easily be made on-line through PAYPAL GIVING fund with 100% of the proceeds benefitting the charity. https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/search-cause?charityId=1504&s=3
We are listing many other ways to help below including shopping via Amazon Smile.
Make sure to listen to our radio programs. StarStyle®-Be the Star You Are!® broadcasts on Wednesdays 4-5pm PT LIVE and Express Yourself!™ airs on Tuesdays at NOONPT. For guidelines on becoming a guest, shoot me an email at Cynthia@BetheStarYouAre.org.
Be on the look out for our new books debuting in 2017. Even our teens will be getting published! We will keep you informed on the progress.
I look forward to sharing experiences to help you reach your goals as we create community through communication.
Wishing you many blessings, health, abundance in this year of the fire rooster.
Gung Hay Fat Choy! Start crowing!
Be the Star You Are!® 501 c3
PO Box 376
Moraga, Ca. 94556
We have been asked to list the many ways you can help.
Shop, Give, and Get Connected! If you love to shop online, you'll love the ways you can be donating to Be the Star You Are!® without spending a penny more, and sometimes saving a lot. The next time you want to buy ANYTHING, click on one of our links and you'll be supporting BTSYA while getting the best value for yourself! Ways to Help 1. AmazonSmile donates .5% of purchases http://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-3333882
2. Discounted books at Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/shops/be_the_star_you_are_charity
4. Use GoodSearch to search the web & buy from your favorite stores,. Choose Be the Star You Are as your charity to support. You can log in with Facebook, too! http://www.goodsearch.com/goodto-go/be-the-star-you-are
5. Shop at over 1300 stores on IGIVE: http://www.iGive.com/BTSYA
6. BTSYA Logo Store: http://btsya.rylees.net
7. Giving Assistant: Shop. Earn. Give! Use Giving Assistant to earn cash back at 1800+ popular online stores, then donate a percentage to BTSYA:https://givingassistant.org/np#be-the-star-you-are-inc If you would like to make a direct donation to our giving fund, please visit our PayPal page!https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/search-cause?charityId=1504&s=3
Links you can use for Be the Star You Are!®
Positive Results: http://www.bethestaryouare.org/positive-results
About Us: http://www.bethestaryouare.org/about_us
How to Help: http://www.bethestaryouare.org/how-to-help
Contact us: http://www.bethestaryouare.org/contact
GREAT NON PROFITS REVIEWS:http://greatnonprofits.org/reviews/be-the-star-you-are-inc/
The Power of Example
by Karen Kitchel
We often don't realize the power we have simply by being a good example to others with our words and actions. We may think a lot of good thoughts about others, but don't always take a moment to express them. Need some ideas?
* Tell a child who is waiting in line "I like your smile"
* Make someone's day by simply saying "Beautiful dress or nice shirt"
* Ask your waitperson at a restaurant to tell the cook "I really enjoyed the ___________"
* Tell someone "That color looks good on you"
* While at the gym, reinforce someone who's working out "Wish I could do what you do"
* Send a reminder to a friend who lost someone "Thinking of you because you are special to me"
You will never know how you may have inspired someone to pass on compliments to others all because of the power of your example.
About the author: Karen Kitchel is a Community Volunteer who is passionate about helping those who are homeless or disadvantaged. Previously she served as President of Cheerful Givers, a nonprofit organization, and Director of BI University at BI Worldwide. She can be reached at email@example.com
Thanks for Being in our Galaxy
We appreciate you.
Stay in touch.
Remember to SHINE and
Be the STAR YOU Are! Be the Star You Are!® 501 c3
PO Box 376
Moraga, Ca. 94556